Register NOW for the AAUW Nevada convention
Boulder City on May 20, 21, and 22
Highlights of the convention:
- Election of officers. Nominating committee presents the following nominees:
- President/Administrator – Kay Lehr (Tahoe-Nevada)
- Secretary – Peggy Poindexter (Tahoe-Nevada)
- Nominations from the floor at the convention
- Alicia Hetman (AAUW National Vice President) will tell attendees “What’s Happening in AAUW” and “Title IX”
- Sarah Blithe (Communications Professor, University of Nevada, Reno) will enlighten the audience with a talk on “Gender Equality as Relates to Work-Life Balance”
- Caroline Punches (AAUW Nevada Membership Chair) will talk about “Membership”
- Nancy Stiles (AAUW Nevada Program Chair) will present a segment on “Leadership: The Silent Language”
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a nationwide network of more than 170,000 members and donors, 1,000 branches, and 800 college/university institution partners.
For 130 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
AAUW’s Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women and girls have a fair chance.
AAUW Nevada State organization
The state organization is guided by a leadership council representing the seven local branches. Click the “About Us” tab to see current information about the state organization in the president’s message under “Leadership.”
AAUW Nevada branches offer wonderful opportunities for networking, exciting projects, events and activities. Don’t miss out! If you’re not already a member of a branch or if you haven’t yet renewed, join a branch near you (AAUW Nevada Branches).